We plant trees!
We support the organisation of tree-planting wherever we can! Through the generous donations of saplings from Coillte and other partners we aim to assist groups wishing to plant chiefly native saplings in their own locality. Individuals can sponsor trees too, we love best to plant where people can visit their trees which are planted in woodland blocks of 30 – 3,000 trees.
To attain places to plant the trees we work with local communities, schools, individuals, companies and local authorities – whoever has space and is willing to provide it! We follow up on these locations to see that trees are taken care of. Weeds are trampled, not sprayed and mulched when young to retain moisture. Local communities help with watering too.
Once we have the trees and the location, we assist with the organisation of planting days. Our coroporate/volunteer CSR days are subject to the current national health guidelines and are being held in reduced-number groups at present. Most of our volunteer planting is arranged at present through existing networks e.g. Tidy Towns, Residents’ Association, farmers’ co-operative and Rotary Club etc. local groups. Our motto? #stoptalkingstartplanting!
We empower our youth to care about tree-planting!
Children love to help so we’ve been taking them out of school to plant trees on local public lands. They become stewards of their local trees, woodlands and forests. All they do is put a little sapling in the hole; fill it in and water their tree.
During our fun planting days, we may have a talk or workshop on the trees’ benefits, weeding, watering and how to protect them. To make the day as fun as possible, we may all stay for a picnic!
We would like to thank so many people, local authorities and companies who have assisted us along the way – with sponsorship, grant funding, planting assistance, planting locations, media support and much much more. We are indebted also to our personal donors to the EasyTreesie campaign.
• Aileen O Meara Media
• An Taisce Climate Ambassador Programme, Outstanding Achievement 2018
• Bank of America
• Community Foundation of Ireland, Principal Award 2018
• Cork County Council
• Dublin Airport Authority
• Dublin City Council
• Dun Laoghaire Rathdown Council
• Eco-Unesco Local to Global Awards, 2017 • Ervia with Age Action
• Electricity Association of Ireland National Award, 2016
• EnactusDCU, Dublin City University
• Environmental Protection Agency
• Fingal County Council
• Future Earth Ireland
• Galway Council
• Gourmet Food Parlour
• Greenprint/Maxol Ireland
• Innovate 2Zero
• Irish Aid Awards, 2017
• Irish Environmental Group 2020 Covid Adaptation/Marketing Grants
• Irish Tree Centre
• Kerry Council
• Kilkenny Council
• Lidl Ireland
• Local Authority Water and Communities Grant Award winner 2018
• Mars Ireland – Nordic
• Mason Hayes Curran
• Maxol – Greenprint
• Newbridge House Demense
• Patagonia Grant Award 1% for the Planet Award 2019
• Raheny Rotary Club, Dublin
• Reel Life Science Film Award, NUI Galway Film Festival, 2020
• Repak Ireland Award, 2016
• Rethink Ireland 2020
• Royal Irish Academy Print
• Seachtain na Gaeilge 2021, 2020, 2019
• Sligo Council
• Super Valu
• Swords Woodland Association
• The Central Bank, Ireland
• The Forest Service
• The Friendly Brothers of St. Patrick
• The High School Terenure
• The Law Society
• The Royal Irish Academy • Trocaire
• Tully’s Nursery
• UNEP-backed Plant-for-the-Planet’s http://www.trilliontreecampaign.org challenge
•AND We proudly support the United Nations Environment Programme Trillion Tree Project
Where do we plant?
Very few counties are left untouched – the map is starting to look very colourful indeed in counties like Kerry (5k planted in 2020 and another 5k in 2021), Galway (Terrylands 1k, Athenry 1k in 2020, 1k in 2021, 1k in Roscahill, ) Dublin (Shankill 13,600 and climbing…). We are very grateful for the co-operation of so many local authorities. We are especially happy with our new collaborations in Northern Ireland and in border counties through our joint project with GAA and with a variety of North-South bodies.